Friday, July 16, 2010

3 HOME PREGNANCY TESTS & 1 LAB TEST



My still fairly new husband sat back on the couch watching television late one afternoon after having his dinner. I sat in the bathroom looking at the clock, waiting with baited breath for another 3 to 5 minutes to pass in order to check the results of the third home pregnancy test. I had been in there for a good half of an hour now. I was ready to start a family but I did not expect that it would actually happen so soon.

As I waited for the results I started to reflect on the preceding two weeks. It had been really busy for me but, come to think of it, my clothes started to fit kinda smug and I was always hungry all the time. My boobs were a little fuller and more tender than usual. Hey! That should have bee the red flag!

Time was up. The third test was as positive as the first two. Yep. Baby onboard!

I sat alone for another fifteen minutes or so, amazed and in shock …. Filled with all sorts of mixed emotions. A million and one things ran through my mind then I calmed down. I never said a word to my husband that night although he was a bit curious about my one 1½ hours stay in the bathroom.

The next morning I went straight to the Medpath Lab to do a blood pregnancy test. I had heard that home pregnancy tests were sometimes unreliable so I wanted to get concrete proof and professional confirmation before I get my husband’s hopes up. Within a couple of hours that confirmation came. I could not wait to get back home to share my news. When I told him, my husband’s eyes lit up, his jaw dropped and his eyebrows almost flew off his face. When he caught himself he said “ I knew it. I knew it. No wonder you have been so miserable lately.” He claimed that he had been craving re herring, which he normally doesn’t eat much of at all, and that all he has been wanting to do is sleep, sleep and sleep some more. We sat for a while, talked about the whole pregnancy thing. We decide to wait a couple of weeks before telling anyone else.

I spent most of the next day trying to get a doctor’s appointment. Dr. Abbott was my regular OB/GYN but according to his secretary, he was booked tight for the next three months. I decided to ask one of my closest friends for suggestions. She was the mother of my 6 month old godson. Dr. Raymond Mansoor was highly recommended.

Success! My appointment was scheduled for the next day.

I spent practically the whole night dreaming about babies, contemplating my journey through motherhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.