Friday, July 16, 2010

‘All Day Morning Sickness’



Well, it seems as if the morning sickness began immediately after I started taking the prenatal vitamins. The OBGYN said to expect morning sickness but this was ridiculous. The very next morning, before I could even rollover to get out of bed the nausea began. I think I spent nearly an hour in the bathroom throwing up. And there was nothing to throw up. I had to call the doctor.

That day I never made it to work at all. I laid in bed and made sure the path to the bathroom was completely clear. I had my trusty book “What To Expect When You’re Expecting” and 3 other pregnancy books. By the end of the day I was fully armed with a list of home remedies for morning sickness, some of which included:
• Lots of rest
• Well ventilated room / fresh air
• Avoid strong odors and stuffy rooms, and anything that may trigger your nausea
• Keep crackers and a glass of water near your bed – have some early before rising
• Eat high protein snacks at night before going to bed
• Have mints (preferably ginger) when you start feeling nauseated
• Sip peppermint tea
• Eat smaller more frequent meals
• Avoid sudden movements and changes in position

There were a lot more tips, suggestions and home remedies, but the crackers and ginger thing worked for me.

I realized when my husband came home I felt worse. His usually sweet smelling cologne was suddenly unbearable – the minute he opened the door I had to ask him to undress and wash himself. I have heard all the stories about morning sickness I never expected it to be like this…..It felt as if my entire stomach would come out. It felt like a never-ending morning sickness! Must have been a man who came up with the name “morning sickness’ cause this went on all day and I doubt that any woman who has ever experienced it would have called it that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.