Friday, July 16, 2010

‘ Eating For Two’

The day after my first doctor’s visit confirmed my pregnancy, I went into the “Best of Books’ and purchased the book “What To Expect When You’re Expecting’. I opened an account with www.babycenter.com. I read everything electronic and hardcopy I could find about pregnancy, childbirth and babies.

One of the most important things, in addition to rest and exercise, was proper nutrition. I was taking maternal (prenatal supplement) but was reminded by my doctor to eat lots of fruits, vegetables and to drink lots of water. It was almost a breeze for me to do since I did not smoke, I did not drink alcohol, I was not a fast food junky and I was already in the habit of drinking eight 8 ounce glasses of water per day.

What was interesting though was my overwhelming desire for roast duck in plum sauce… I just wanted it all the time. And what was even stranger, I was suddenly unable to make it through the day without some sardine in soya oil, with toasted wheat bread and fever grass tea for breakfast.

The end of the day was always a treat. My husband would bring me local fruits like guava, tamarind, tangerine, and doungs or pomme surrette. On the weekend he would cut open some coconuts and we would eat the meat after having our fill of the sweet and refreshing coconut water. Yeah… that was the life! This baby was going to be born with muscles and a full set of teeth! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.